Our Professional Standards Advisors provide information and answer questions about the standards of conduct required of real estate professionals by the Real Estate Services Act, Regulation, and Rules. They offer confidential email or telephone service for BC real estate professionals, and they respond to questions from members of the public.
If you have questions about the conduct expected of a real estate professional, please review the information below, and get in touch with a Professional Standards Advisor today to learn more.
- If you are a real estate professional, before contacting the Professional Standards Advisors, try looking for the information you need in these sources:
Knowledge Base, Real Estate Services Act, Regulation, or Rules
- Can’t find the information you need? Your next step should be:
Consulting your managing broker.
- If you cannot find an answer to your question through these sources, call or email a Professional Standards Advisor. Before you contact an Advisor, keep these points in mind:
A Professional Standards Advisor cannot advise you about an open complaint. If a complaint has been made against you, it is too late to call a Professional Standards Advisor for help. The appropriate time to call an advisor for help is before a complaint is made.
Leaving a voicemail? Be detailed. The Professional Standards Advisors receive a high volume of calls every day. Sometimes, an advisor will not be available when you call, and it will be necessary for you to leave a voicemail. Voicemails are returned in the order they are received, and we endeavour to respond within one business day.
You can help the Professional Standards Advisors to respond quickly to your inquiry, by including the following information in your voicemail:
Your full name
Your phone number
Briefly, your question or the general topic you need assistance with
Any restrictions on your availability for a return call.
- Take notes! When discussing a question with a Professional Standards Advisor over the phone, it is useful to take detailed notes about the information provided.
- Allow one business day to receive a return call or email. The Professional Standards Advisors try to respond to all telephone and email inquiries within one business day from the time the inquiry is received. If more than a day has gone by, and you have not received a response, call us back and indicate when you previously left a message. There may have been an issue with audibility or we may not have received your message.
Please remember to speak clearly and slowly when leaving your name and contact information.